Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My ten favorite embarassing moments...

photo from parentsconnect.com
Stuff happens. This means that we're all riding in the same lifeboat of unexpected-ness, which is bound to include some embarrassing moments that we'd love to forget!

That got me to thinking...

What if I shared some of my embarrassing moments - with you? All of us accidently walk into the wrong public restroom, so that's no big deal. What about some of those "Oh snap!" moments that have tinted my brown skin to a shade of bright red? I asked myself if I still hold my head up high if you knew about my awkward or self-conscious moments? I think so. I hope so.

So, here's the deal: I'm going to share with you my ten favorite embarrassing moments (is there an oxymoron in that statement?) - and you can laugh. It's okay. I'll pretend not to be paranoid and think you aren't laughing about me behind my back.

Ten of Barb's Favorite Embarrassing Moments:

10. Today, I walked into the men's restroom at Panera. Men's restrooms are really ugly (and that weird little thing in the urinal makes them smell weird).
9. One night at work while doing weekend announcements,  I wore two different shoes on stage in front of a large crowd. That was fun.
8. Yesterday, I wore a long cotton skirt. It was nuclear hot outside and I had a meeting outside at a local coffee shop. When I stood up from my metal chair, there was a GIGANTIC sweaty spot on the back of the skirt. I gathered that skirt up like the gals on "Little House on the Prairie" and hustled to my car before anyone could notice.
7.  Three weeks ago, I ate an entire pecan pie. Then I told 7,000 people about it. After I rapped.
6. While giving a weekend message years ago, the safety pin reinforcing the front of my shirt (that was supposed to make me feel more confident while speaking) popped up into view while I was giving a message.
5. I have a nose piercing. Good friends always let me know when I have a metal booger.
4.  I am certain I have passed gas at a less-than-convenient time. Probably more than once. So have you.
3. I will admit that once or twice, I've gotten stuck in a department store dressing room in a dress that would slide all the way up, but not slide all the way back down. 
2. On a hot July day years ago, I strutted into a building wearing a full-length fabulous wig and super-star sunglasses. Hours later, the security guard discovered me without the wig on after I had taken it off because my head was itchy! Dude couldn't figure out why my hair was hanging on the door knob and not my head.
1. Many years ago, I suffered a jaw-dropping wardrobe malfunction in front of a best-selling Christian author. He was very gracious and never let on that - well...Let's just say that I am very careful about button-down shirts and when I wear them...

Soooooooo...those are my embarrassing moments.

If you've got an embarrassing moment (that we can print AND that my kids can read) that tops mine, tell me about it! Leave your embarrassing moment in the "comments" section or post it on Facebook.

Let's laugh at each other - and have fun doing it!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I guess I will be the brave one and go first....
    When our daughter was two years old and in the stage of potty training, I took her into a public bathroom stall with me so I could "do my business". When I stood up from the toilet, she glanced down into the tank and enthusiastically proclaimed "YEAH, MOMMA WENT POO-POO!YEAH!" while clapping her hands wildly.
    I got out of that place as quick as I could without making eye contact with any other women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any toppers for yours, Barbie, but your shoe problem reminded me that my dad - a high school teacher - did the same thing one day. When his students brought it to his attention, he quipped, "And I like this pair so much that I have another pair just like them at home."

    ReplyDelete